What rule changes would you like to make?

Go down

What rule changes would you like to make? Empty What rule changes would you like to make?

Post by MMA Pride Trent on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:39 am

If you had authority what rule changes would you like to make?

There are far too many groin shots on an MMA card. sometimes it happens more than once a fight, it stops a fights momentum and often there is a knockout shortly after. This may be a coincidence and it is often say that there is nothing that can be done about it.

I disagree, the sole reason a fighter is kicked in the groin is a missed inside leg kick. I would like the inside leg kick to banned and only kicks to the outside of the leg. I guarantee this will cut out 85% of kicks to the groin and cause less breaks during the 5 minute period.

I would love a card system introduced for fighters not working when on the ground. Sometimes a fighter may be gassed and unable to work so should just be stood up, however a card should be given if a fighter is clearly stalling for time.

Eye gouging is another problem, anyone have any of their own ideas for rule changes?

@MMAPride_Trent
MMA Pride Trent
MMA Pride Trent
Admin

https://mmaprideaustralia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What rule changes would you like to make? Empty Re: What rule changes would you like to make?

Post by Ned Kelly on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:31 am

a card system would prob work biggest gripe is judges ATM id love to see a one point system where they just award the fighter that wins the round. but make sure it is a clear winner if they have any doubts it must be declared a draw makes it alot simpler
Ned Kelly
Ned Kelly
Flyweight

Back to top Go down

What rule changes would you like to make? Empty Re: What rule changes would you like to make?

Post by MMA Pride Trent on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:39 pm

That doesn’t seem very fare to me. If i absolutely dominate you round 1 where they nearly stop the fight then the 2nd round you come out and just beat me by the tiniest of margins, how is it fare that that fight is a draw at that point?
MMA Pride Trent
MMA Pride Trent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mmapride_gilly on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:42 am

Hey Ned Kelly, check out the article about judging on the front page and let me know what you think. I personally don't think there is a problem with the scoring system, the issue is how it is used.

If I had to change a rule I would say an eye gouge/thumb or finger to the eye deserves an instant point deduction if it was caused by an open hand. We see too many of them and a lot of them are caused by an open strike, or a thumb sticking out of the fist. If people lose a point for doing it even as an accident, they will start actively concentrating on not letting it happen again.
Mmapride_gilly
Mmapride_gilly
Flyweight

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Trent on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:00 am

There absolutely is a problem with judging. Regardless of the scoring system too many judges a scoring round the WRONG way. This has nothing to do with the system, it has to do with EDUCATION!
MMA Pride Trent
MMA Pride Trent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Scott on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 am

I think what ned kelly was saying you would be upcause it has to be clear,
MMA Pride Scott
MMA Pride Scott
Featherweight

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Scott on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:44 am

We got some examples the inside kick i wonder if they will ban it at some stage
MMA Pride Scott
MMA Pride Scott
Featherweight

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Scott on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:46 am

We also saw a gsp on top that striking was not really effective and was clearly not going to attempt a sub should he be made to stand up this is such a grey area
MMA Pride Scott
MMA Pride Scott
Featherweight

Back to top Go down

Post by mma John on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:11 am

Trent did you see the low blow at Bellator on the weekend
mma John
mma John
Flyweight

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Scott on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:51 pm

faber inside leg kick on tuf finale
MMA Pride Scott
MMA Pride Scott
Featherweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down