MMA PRIDE AUSTRALIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trans gender MMA ?

4 posters

Go down

trans gender MMA ? Empty trans gender MMA ?

Post by MMA Pride Scott Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:20 am

Ok this topic is running hot right now you all know the fox story do you believe a transgender fighter should be allowed to fight, i dont plan on doing an article on this subject but would like to get everybody thoughts ?
MMA Pride Scott
MMA Pride Scott
Featherweight

Back to top Go down

trans gender MMA ? Empty Re: trans gender MMA ?

Post by mattyjh10 Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:30 am

Honestly nothing against it but no, lets put it this way if your daughter was a fighter would u want her to go up against someone who used to be a man?
mattyjh10
mattyjh10
Flyweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mmapride_gilly Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:38 am

I don't have a problem with it. I think most transgendered people aren't guys looking to gain an advantage over a woman. They are women trapped in a mans body (or with a Y chromosome). These people have spent their entire lives hiding the fact they feel like a woman every which way, and usually their hormone levels prove their feelings right. These guys go through all the neccesary steps to become a woman, they have usually been on hormones for quite a number of years before gender reassignment surgery will even become an option to them. Legally speaking they are women, so I think they should fight other women.

I think people need to think about the other side of the coin, if it was a girl becoming a guy, should she fight women still or men? Or are we still in a day and age where Transgendered people should only fight other Transgendered people in a circus tent in the back alley's of a Braziliian street?

The big issue is that the sport is still in it's infancy and probably isn't ready to be dealing with this just yet.
Mmapride_gilly
Mmapride_gilly
Flyweight

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Scott Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:12 am

Well right now she is the most talked about fighter in the sport atm, more than GSP rousey Anderson Silva. im not against it i dont see it as a guy fighting girls but there has got to be so many rules and test to get approved they alllow it in the olympics.
MMA Pride Scott
MMA Pride Scott
Featherweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mmapride_gilly Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:47 am

But they do allow it in the Olympics. So follow the same regulations as Olympics. The problem is, Olympics style testing is expensive and organisations don't want to foot the bill.
Mmapride_gilly
Mmapride_gilly
Flyweight

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Trent Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:41 pm

I don’t think its fare at all. Yes they have transformed themselves into a woman but they were still born a man and will have the genetics of a man. She will be able to gain muscle mass much quicker and be much stronger than all woman. So is it going to get to a stage where someone like Kenny florian who has fought in 3-4 different weight classes then decides to put on a skirt and fight Rousey.

Where will the madness end? what her weight class? put her against Rousey then send her on her way.
MMA Pride Trent
MMA Pride Trent
Admin

https://mmaprideaustralia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Scott Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Well she is in the same weight class Dana has said no but Dana never says no to money, if the buzz is still around and the ufc will make some coin i have no doubt they will through her in a cage for rousey to arm bar in 30 secs. I think she has 0 - 2 record anyway. its not the same as faber walking in there taking rousey on because of the hormone treatment ect
MMA Pride Scott
MMA Pride Scott
Featherweight

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Trent Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:38 am

But if you look at her she is much thicker than normal woman. Hormones or not she is going to be naturally stronger. The only person she should face is Cyborg because she is a man also.
MMA Pride Trent
MMA Pride Trent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mmapride_gilly Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:33 am

I don't think it was a guy who wanted to get a leg up on competition so decided o become a woman. If that is the case then I say let her fight the women, she's earned it.
Mmapride_gilly
Mmapride_gilly
Flyweight

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Trent Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:37 am

Its not about what her intentions are, its the fact the she is naturally stronger, able to be more explosive, put on muscle mass quicker and has an UNFARE advantage.
MMA Pride Trent
MMA Pride Trent
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Scott Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:19 am

I know in Thailand they deal with this a bit i do think we will have to face it at some stage
MMA Pride Scott
MMA Pride Scott
Featherweight

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Scott Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:16 am

Rousey has come out this week saying Fallon Fox hold an advantage over the Women i thought this issue may have been nipped in the bud but with this comment and Mittriione it looks like its only starting to heat up.
MMA Pride Scott
MMA Pride Scott
Featherweight

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA Pride Scott Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:17 am

Ronda Rousey is a UFC employee, and as such, would accept a hypothetical bout with transgender fighter Fallon Fox if that is what the promotion asked of her.

However, the UFC women’s bantamweight champion told the New York Post that it is not a fight she would want because she believes Fox “has a physical advantage” from being born as a man.

“She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it’s still the same bone structure a man has,” Rousey told The Post. “It’s an advantage. I don’t think it’s fair.”

The Las Vegas-based organization recently suspended heavyweight Matt Mitrione indefinitely for comments he made about Fox during an appearance on the MMA Hour. Rousey, who is set to coach on the next season of “The Ultimate Fighter” opposite Saturday’s Miesha Tate-Cat Zingano winner, understood why the UFC suspended Mitrione, but also feels that his remarks had some validity.

“I understand the UFC doesn’t want to be associated with views like that. I’m also glad they didn’t straight cut him,” she said.

Fox is next scheduled to fight on May 24 against Allanah Jones for the Championship Fighting Alliance. “The Queen of Swords” provided MMAFighting.com with a statement in reaction to Mitrione’s comments.

"Matt Mitrione went well beyond disagreeing with the medical experts who say I should be able to compete as a woman, and personally attacked me as a fighter, as a woman, and as a human being,” Fox said. "His comments do not reflect the spirit of our sport, where most competitors uphold values like respect and dignity."

According to Rousey, opposition is going to come with the territory.

“It’s not something that happened to her,” Rousey said. “It was a decision she made. She should be aware in her career after that, it’s coming to be an arduous path. I don’t know why she’s surprised by that. It’s going to draw a lot of emotions.”
MMA Pride Scott
MMA Pride Scott
Featherweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum